Its been years since I volunteered at Chicago Botanic Garden so I was very happy when they asked me to teach their Roadside Flower Sale Workshop to their other volunteers last week. It was a 2-hour class (which I’ve taught twice there in the past) and I had to teach how to make a dried flower arrangement using a multitude of vases, flowers and supplies.
Here are the steps we went through…
- Choose Vase/Container
- Choose flowers/dried materials
- Fill container with dry foam
- Cover foam with moss
- Add focal point flowers
- Add accent flowers
- Fill out design with additional accents
- Show design to teacher (me) to approve
- Make any changes that teacher suggests
- Bring arrangement and list of flowers used to volunteers to tag & price
- Repeat Process if you have time!
Working in dried materials really makes me realize how much I LOVE & prefer FRESH FLOWERS! I will be offering some floral designs classes this fall/winter at the studio–so stay tuned for details on those in the near future!